Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some More Favorite Salt Lake Places

I have lived in Salt Lake City a long time, and know many of its restaurants, shops and speakeasies well. Here now are a few more of my favorite spots in my hometown.

THE DODO RESTAURANT










This place has been a staple in SLC since 1981. I know it well because I worked there for about five years while I was in college. Unlike other restaurants I have worked in, I never got sick of the food at The Dodo. It boasts a very diverse and unique menu, as well as the best desserts I have ever tasted. While the Toll House Pie is the most popular, I prefer the silky smooth Chocolate Almond Mousse Pie or the sinfully rich Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie. Also, let's not forget The Dodo's signature item- the Smoked Turkey Sandwich and House Salad. The sandwich comes with a side of barbeque dipping sauce that is good enough to drink by itself. MMMM boy, I could sure go for a turkey sandwich right now.

LAMB'S GRILL












The oldest restaurant in Salt Lake, Lamb's has one of the best and most affordable breakfasts I have ever eaten. The decor is very old fashioned, but has been kept up over the years, so that it looks the same as when I was a child. The long counter and dark wood booths are the perfect setting for a hearty, perfectly cooked meal that is served by a polite and experienced staff. I haven't ever gone there for lunch or dinner, but if they are anything like breakfast, I'm sure you will leave satisfied.

GREEK SOUVLAKI










I must be hungry because I keep listing restaurants, but this one is very worthy of a mention. The original location is on 3rd South and has some of the best Greek food around. I love the cheerful staff and the speed with which they prepare the tasty Gyros, rice, Souvlaki and fries for which they are so well known. There are other decent Greek places in Salt Lake, but this one is my favorite and the most consistent. Yassou!

No comments:

Post a Comment