Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 In Review















2009 was a year of ups and downs for yours truly. While I would like to say it was a great year, it wasn't, but it wasn't a horrible one either. It was simply a year, and now here is a summary.

HIGHLIGHTS-

We got a dog. He is a miniature schnauzer named Basil and is very cute. I didn't really want a dog or even like dogs before this, but now I love the dog. I'm a huge flip-flopper apparently.

I was in a production of Pirates of Penzance with the wife at the Off Broadway Theatre. It was great to get back on the stage after a few years away. There really is nothing like performing live.

I had some great moments with friends and family. Aw, cute.

I helped coach the Rowland Hall high school basketball team to their best finish at state since moving to the 2A classification. Well done, boys.

The new Star Trek movie came out and was really cool.

I started a really kick ass blog.

I celebrated three years of marriage to my awesome wife, Mary Anne with a fun trip to Park City.

LOWLIGHTS-

I was laid off from my job after four years. It was sad to leave, but I am starting to see it as more of a positive than a negative. Lesson for the kids, you gotta play the hand you're dealt.

A few distant relatives passed away. Farewell.

I scraped the roof of my mouth on some toast. Dammit!

That's really it, I don't want to sound like a whiner.

WE HARDLY KNEW YE-

PATRICK SWAYZE

MICHAEL JACKSON

WALTER CRONKITE

TED KENNEDY

BRITTANY MURPHY

CHUCK DALY

STEVE McNAIR

Catch you all on the flip side in 2010. Let's make it a good one.

1 comment:

  1. First-How did I not know you had a blog?
    Second-Farrah Fawcett died too. Michael stole all her thunder.

    ReplyDelete