Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Movie of the Week














This week,

STAR WARS (1977)

Starring- Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness

In honor of Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you) I am going to complete my reviews of the saga with the first film in the original trilogy. If you've been following my work on this blog, I have made a list of the top ten things I like best for Empire and Jedi. In case you've been in a coma since 1977, I'll quickly nutshell this movie. This kid learns that he has special powers from an old man and they go on a trip with the guy from Witness and a hairy thing to take out this floating sphere and rescue the gal who wrote Postcards From the Edge. Here now are the Top Ten things I like best about the film that changed sci-fi forever. The tradition continues...

10. Blue milk.

9. Tashi Station. That place has the best power converters on Tatooine.

8. The new scene that George Lucas added with Jabba the Hutt because the dialogue is no way the same as the scene that Greedo and Han have just minutes before.

7. Vader's force choke skills. Don't diss him at the conference table or you'll be sorry.

6. Grand Moff Tarkin. He's a skeletal and menacing partner for Darth Vader. What is a Moff, anyway?

5. The ability for Leia to keep that outfit white with all the crawling through garbage and gunfights and whatnot. I guess Mama Organa has the magic of Clorox 2.

4. The droid that has a bad motivator. Think about how different things would have been if his motivator hadn't been bad. I just blew your mind didn't I?

3. Porkins. I'm sad he dies, but I bet the rest of the rebels are kinda happy because there's more food left for them at the buffet back on Yavin.

2. Han Solo. That is all. P.S. He shot first.

1. The Millennium Falcon- she made the Kessell Run in less than 12 parsecs. I don't know what that means, but it sounds impressive.

Stay tuned for the special editions of my reviews of the Star Wars trilogy. They'll have new material and sweet special effects that I couldn't do because of limited technology.

Things to watch for-

Aunt Beru
Jawas- "Oooo-ti-di!"
Han has a boring conversation

"The force will be with you...always."

No comments:

Post a Comment