Tuesday, October 13, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

I get irritated like anyone else, but some things get me really riled up. Here now are some of my biggest pet peeves.

YOUR signifies ownership. YOU'RE is a contraction for YOU ARE. Now, tell me what's wrong with this sentence I found on Facebook. "Your so lucky that I know your gay."

People who end sentences with "at" are officially on my list. Not only does it sound so unintelligent, but it could not be more grammatically incorrect. I want to know where you are, not where you are at.

Salt Lake City drivers cannot in their wildest dreams figure out a four way stop. The first person there goes first. If you arrive at the same time then the person to the right gets to go first. It's that simple. Don't try to be nice and let me go, what is nice is following the rules. That would be the nicest thing to do.

Terms like "let's touch base," "win-win," "24/7," and "reinvent the wheel."

People who say there are no dumb questions. Guess what there are. How about this one- "Who discovered the moon?"

People who go to a party, but don't eat or drink anything. Just pretend! It is not that hard, and when you don't at least try, everyone thinks you're weird and it makes them feel uneasy.

That's all for now, but I can probably find some more stuff to get pissed off about.


No comments:

Post a Comment