Saturday, October 10, 2009

An Open Letter to Music

Dear Music,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste- they call me, Dr. Love. I wanted to tell you that I love your ways, everyday. I will always love you, because I remember where I was when I first listened to the music. I know that it's a long way to the top, but I think that you do so much to Help! all the lonely people. Where do they all come from anyway? I digress. All those lonely days in my room all by myself made me feel like a natural woman (man). It was like a hurricane when I went my own way and heard that old time rock and roll. It was all I could do not to twist and shout and rock and roll all nite. I'll admit it was hard to hide my love away, but I guess that's why they call it the blues. You have made a supersonic man out of me, and the man in me is flying like an eagle because you have been there for me on all those nights- the hard day's nights, the nights on broadway, the Saturday nights, the night Chicago died. I can't thank you enough, music. You were there with us on the highway to hell, you were there when we were too hot too stop, you were there when Captain Jack made out with my best friend's girl and then they hopped the last train to Clarksville. You were there when Daniel and I said goodbye to the yellow brick road and went to the pilot with Bennie and the Jets. I may have been a bit of a problem child, but deep down I have always had you in my life. You were there for the changes and the fame, you were there at the crossroads, and you will be there at the end. Thank you music, for taking and chance on me, and for being a friend.

Love,

Dr. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment