Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I Think- Springtime Edition


















I love Spring. It is the time when flowers and plants begin blooming, the weather warms up and we celebrate my birth. What could be better?

I think that St. Patrick's Day is a really great holiday. It has food and drink (Corned Beef and Cabbage and whiskey and beer), music (Great Irish Drinking Songs), and symbols (Shamrocks and Leprechauns). That's more than Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve can claim.

I think that March Madness makes the Spring so much fun and potentially lucrative. The first weekend is especially awesome.

I think the first round of golf of the year is the best because you have forgotten all the bad habits that you developed the previous year.

I think the Oscars (March 7) rule. I love a good montage- that means you, "In Memoriam."

I think that the NFL Combine and Draft and everything that ESPN does to make it a big deal is sooooooooo lame and annoying. Who cares how high Tim Tebow can jump? Not even Tim Tebow cares how high Tim Tebow can jump.

I think "Mountain Dew" by The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem is the best St. Patrick's Day song, followed closely by "Tim Finnegan's Wake."

I also think that Tommy Makem is the best tin whistle player- EVER.

I think I'll go get some Lucky Charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment